Contributed anonymously: Even though her fans will not admit it, this past year has been even worse than previous years for Madonna. Here are just a few of the many flops recently from the pushing 50 has-been:
1. The NBC special for The Confessions Tour (only got a handfull of viewers).
2. The Cochella Festival (people wore anti-Madonna shirts and threw water at her on stage, which she had to get on her hands and knees to clean up herself).
3. All of the singles she’s released have flopped and been rejected by the public (the last two didn’t even reach the Hot 100. Sad).
4. The H&M tracksuits (No surprise. Who wants to dress like an old woman?)
5. Her most recent sequel to her cult books “The English Roses”.
6. The HSN special (even this infomercial channel couldn’t help the sales of this disaster).
7. And of course, the African adoption, which was the final nail in the coffin for her (the public decided this was the last straw).
There are many others, but I just wanted to give a few examples. That said, I had an idea for Madonna. Since her entertainment career is over, maybe she should consider opening a gym in London. Since we see pictures of her going to the gym everyday, maybe she should open one on her own. Working out over and over again seems to be the only things she’s good at these days, and if she opened a gym, she would be able both work and workout at the same place. Half of the day she could greet people at the counter when members first walk in and the other half she could do her own workout.
I figure this is the only thing left that she hasn’t done that actually might do somewhat okay for her. But then again, Madonna is so rejected by the public these days that even this might flop and in that case, she should just call it a day and focus on her family.
Bush Pardons Turkey
November 28, 2006 – David Letterman joked during his Late Show monologue the other night: “The national turkey was pardoned this week by President Bush. It was later adopted by Madonna.”
Madonna’s NBC Special Draws Little Interest
November 27, 2006 – Zap2it.com reports Madonna’s NBC’s special ‘Madonna: The Confessions Tour Live’ didn’t get very good ratings, drawing only a 3.3/5, fourth in its time slot. CBS’s line-up averaged an 8.6 rating/15 share in primetime for the night.
Day After Thanksgiving For Madonna And Angelina
November 26, 2006 – Conan O’Brien joked during his Late Night monologue on Friday night, “All right. It is the day after Thanksgiving, which is traditionally known as the biggest shopping day of the year. Yeah. Which explains why Madonna and Angelina Jolie spent the day browsing for orphans.”