Natasha Bedingfield updated fans on her blog at MySpace (@natashabedingfield) on Saturday (December 13) with a lengthy post ahead of the holidays, thanking radio as she winds down the radio tour stops, and just about everyone else. The British pop singer tells readers:
I guess all the Xmas stuff around – the carols, the reminders to buy gifts, the Xmas movies – are starting to rub off their magic on me. It’s making me want to be grateful and thankful.
Everyone I know can’t wait for their work year to end so they can have a much deserved break. The economy is low and it sucks because most people deserve so much more especially when we have worked so hard all year.
I hope these holidays can be for you all a time of regrouping, and refreshing. A little gap from the craziness. A time to remember our blessings.
I feel the urge right now to be thankful.
– I am thankful for where I am today.
– For what the journey has taught me so far.
– To all my fans
– For my family and close friends.
– For the fact that history has been made during my life.
– The first black president is certainly something I feel proud to be witnessing..
– I want to thank and honor all the people in my team for being such steadfast support. My band, Das Management, Wilhelmina models, CAA, EMI, my co-writers, Epic Records, as well as every other department of my record company SonyBMG, particularly my radio peeps, you guys work so passionately.
– Thank u to the tv shows that plugged my record this year. NBC, Ellen, the Today show, American Idol, AMAs, Lipstick Jungle, Chelsea Lately, Craig Ferguson, Jay Leno, Regis and Kelly, MTV, VH1, The Batcherlorette, ABC, Degrassi, Nickelodeon, Lipstick Jungle (I’m on it tonight by the way), Fashion Rocks.
Clear Channel, Verizon, Live Nation, NFL,
Thanks to all those back in UK who are holding down the fort, keeping the coals burning while I’ve been away.