PopEater’s Rob Shuter reports that when Elton John and Barry Manilow turned down a chance to replace Simon Cowell on ‘American Idol’, show bosses eyed artists who were on the downswing in their careers, turning to Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez. While ‘Idol’ apparently preferred Jessica, it was her meddling dad Joe who got in the way, clearing the way for J.Lo to swoop in to get the job on the hit FOX show. “This was definitely Jessica’s to lose and that’s exactly what her dad-manager did,” an insider revealed. “Once it became clear it was going to be impossible to negotiate a deal with papa Joe, J.Lo was snapped up. Convinced being on the show would relaunch her performing career, she accepted the new job right away.” Read more.
- Pop Stars React To Boston Marathon Explosions
- Justin Bieber Takes Heat On Twitter For Anne Frank Comment
- Ashley Tisdale Does ‘Scary Movie 5′ Themed Twitter Q&A
- Charlie Sheen Tells Lindsay Lohan: Rehab Sucks
- Mollie King On Being The Saturdays’ Only Single Member
- Cody Simpson On Choosing Which Girl To Serenade
- Cody Simpson And Ryan Beatty Announce Summer Tour
- Lindsay Lohan Pregnant Or April Fooling Twitter?