Conducted by Erin with SarahMartin.com
1. Hello Sarah! How are you doing? Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. Very busy.
2. Anything new with your career? I think you are working on new music? Yes. It’s going very well and I have so many experiances to write about. I’m talking about possibliy doing some music with Kevin (Richardson). Then there are a few other music situations I’m working on.
3. Can you describe your music ? Well, this question confuses me. The style could be defined as music that can make you feel. I’m singing soulful lyrics to heavy pop…with an R&B influence. I’m feeling like I’m getting closer to a rock vibe as well.
4. Who are some of your biggest musical influences? Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles, Elton John, Mariah Carey (her early years), New Kids On the Block (laughs) just joking. Um, lots of gospel artists.
5. When did you know you wanted to be a singer? I knew when I was about 14 years old.
6. Can you tell us a few things about yourself that fans don’t know? Oh God, here we go…I’m very insecure. I hate my legs. I play with my eyelashes as a bad habit. I used to pull them out, but they grew back. Now I just play with them or feel them. I also play with my fingernails as a nervous habit. I wear two bras occasionally. I chew the inside of my cheek, like my father.
7. Do you have any traditions/rituals before you go on stage? I cut up raw ginger, boil it in a big pot of water. I add honey and lemon and then drink the mixture the entire day. Sometimes I bring it up onstage with me. I really opens up your throat. Hmm, before I go onstage…I panic. (Laughs) I go into panic mode, I breathe deeply, and say a prayer. I try to utilize the first song to settle myself in.
8.. Do you think the Internet is a good tool for unsigned singers / bands / etc.. ? Absolutely. Especially right now.
9. What are your plans for this summer? Work. Um, I might drive up the coast with my Mom in September and visit family and friends for about a week.
10. Finally, do you have a special message for your fans? I really appreciate those of you who have hung in there and I thank the ones that have supported the positive side of me, apposed to the negative that some people like to focus in on. I love you guys!!!
THANK YOU SARAH AND GOOD LUCK!