PopEater’s Rob Shuter reports that when Elton John and Barry Manilow turned down a chance to replace Simon Cowell on ‘American Idol’, show bosses eyed artists who were on the downswing in their careers, turning to Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez. While ‘Idol’ apparently preferred Jessica, it was her meddling dad Joe who got in the way, clearing the way for J.Lo to swoop in to get the job on the hit FOX show. “This was definitely Jessica’s to lose and that’s exactly what her dad-manager did,” an insider revealed. “Once it became clear it was going to be impossible to negotiate a deal with papa Joe, J.Lo was snapped up. Convinced being on the show would relaunch her performing career, she accepted the new job right away.” Read more.
- Lindsay Lohan Pregnant Or April Fooling Twitter?
- Gin Wigmore On ‘Gravel & Wine’, Butch Walker & Acoustic Shows
- Cody Simpson Talks Sightseeing In Paris With Justin Bieber
- Jessie Ware Talks ‘Sweet Talk’ Video, Celebrity Props
- Ed Sheeran Gets A Sword From ‘The Hobbit’, Courtesy Peter Jackson
- Calvin Harris: Jakwob “Lifted My Chords” From ‘I’m Not Alone’
- Miley Cyrus Denies Meeting Up With Nick Jonas
- Blake Lewis Close To Finishing New Album