Keisha Buchanan checked in with her Twitter followers (@keisha_buchanan) earlier today to comment on the leak of a song called ‘Gimme Pressure’, which the former Sugababe insisted won’t be the vibe of her solo debut. The British pop singer writes:
I’m disappointed that a track written almost 2 years ago when I was going through a difficult time (which you all know about) has been leaked.
With the support of my wonderful fans I’m now in a great place. My album is very positive, that song will not be on it.
Can’t wait for you all to hear the album x Lets keep it moving… Love love love <3 :)
Keisha Buchanan checked in with her Twitter followers (@keisha_buchanan) on Friday (November 27), offering 10 facts about herself. The former Sugababe writes:
10 Facts about me…. :-)……You might not give a doo doo but errr im bored so here goes LOL….
1) I still sing in the mirror with a hair brush and practice my singing and dancing lol
2) When I was younger I was a HUGE Spice Girls fan, I lied and told some of my class mates that Melanie Brown (Mel B) was my cousin… I figured that because my dad’s sir name is BROWN id get away with it LOL… I wonder if they still think it’s true?!!! hmmm
3) I’ve never seen any episodes of Star wars!!! (Am I missing out???!!!)
4) My scan picture as a baby was of me sucking my thumb… I guess nothing changes lol
5) I’d love to work with Common!!!
6) I was Brandy’s biggest stalker fan lol… In a good way though lol I still am:-D… I did the braids and everything lol
7) I always seem 2 want 2 drop people home LOL … Once I saw a girl stranded in the west end after a night out… All these weird cabbies (or so they say they were) Kept asking her if she needed a lift… I was like “Helllll noooo” LOL so she got in & we went 2 meet her BF:-D
8) I have at least 12 nick names for Dean lol… Bubsy, binksy, bah bah, boo boo, Blinky… YES all b’s ha ha ha ha….Weird i know!
9) I get into a lot of crap for sticking up for myself & saying what I think. But I think it’s a good way 2 be, As long as it’s said right why not:)
10) I’m a friggin dork! lol I laugh at myself all the time, I dont take life to seriously…. Only music lol
Oh….one more…. I LOVE DOGS!!!!!!
Sugababes singer Amelle Berrabah is speaking out about rumors that led to Keisha Buchanan being forced out of the British pop group. Amelle told her Twitter followers (@Amelle_berrabah) moments ago:
People have been tweeting me saying something about hair pulling. Where has this come from. There was nothing like that going on…
Nothing like that has ever happened between anyone. It really hasn’t. First time I heard of it. Please don’t believe it.
Just rumors. There will probably be a lot more. All I know is that I only speak the truth and that all that matters. Night everyone. xxx
1 more thing. When I said I can’t be arsed in an interview with Scott Mills. He asked me what really happened and I said I can’t be arsed to get into it because, just like I said, I don’t want to talk badly of anyone ‘coz that’s not me. Don’t want to go into too much detail because I still have a lot of respect for her. It’s not in my nature.
People can think what they like because I know that I can truly say I have done nothing wrong and have really tried my best.
After mentioning Amelle Berrabah and Heidi Range followed each other on Twitter but neither followed Keisha Buchanan, and after Keisha had talked about the band twice with News of the World, there was a feeling something was in the works. Today, Keisha confirmed that she has left the group she helped begin, and not of her own will. Keisha told her Twitter followers earlier today:
Dear Friends I’m sad to say that I am no longer apart of the Sugababes.
I’ve had a great time and have achieved more then I ever thought I would.
Although it was not my choice to leave, it’s time to enter a new chapter in my life I have nothing but positive things to say about the girls and I wish them the best of luck.
I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that lead to this.
Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things.
I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me.
Remember my drunk pictures out with Amelle, supporting her on her success with Tinchy Stryder… Oh the shame… But what a fun night we had
Now I’m going to take some time to focus on me. I’ve been in this band for 11 years and I have achieved so much.
I have a great family and friends who are behind me 100% and at the age of 24, I’m now going out into this world on my own…
Although im nervous… I’m still very excited on what lies ahead. :-)
I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but accepted me for who I am…
The feisty, funny, professional, fearless, motor mouth… lol
This is not the end… but the beginning!!!!
Thank you always… Keisha xxx
James Morrison spoke with ITN Music about why he picked Keisha Buchanan for a duet at Friday night’s Children In Need concert on his track ‘Broken Strings’, a song of his new album which features Nelly Furtado. “I’ve always thought just because she’s in the Sugababes I think she gets underestimated,” Morrison said. “So I just felt honored to ask her.”
They interviewer also pressed James on Keisha’s recent comments to The Sun, where she admitted, “I’ve developed a major crush on him. During rehearsals I couldn’t stop staring at him and kept thinking about how much he looks like my other crush, Chris Martin. I must of looked like an idiot. I used to really fancy Simon Cowell but it’s James Morrison all the way for me now.”
James responded, “I’m glad she upped her taste. Maybe I was wearing my trousers high as well. She’s pretty tasty herself.” But James has a longtime girlfriend Gill, who gave birth to their first child in September, while Keisha is engaged to Dean Thomas. “Don’t worry about it,” he said. “It’s like the unspoken. I know you’re fit.”
Video at YouTube has since been removed.