Some ladies just have it all, a gorgeous mug, a lean but voluptuous body, interesting talents and most of it , that “It” factor that makes them leaders! It is easy to spot them, since the rest of the fishes would be swimming west, but she would wagging her sweet little tail to the east.
5) Jewel – This ice-hot minx from Alaska proved that talented women need not be dull and boring. While her contemporary, Morissette embodied the angst-ridden, babbling Medussa, Jewel is the wise, playful and sweet Athena.
Who would thought her zippers would come flying off like it did in her “Intuition” video, but when it did, the world of men was spellbound.
4)Shakira – When a man said this to Shakira, “Yo se que no he sido un santo pero puedo arreglarlo” — I know i have not been a saint but i can fix it. Shakira shot back, “No de pan hombre solo vive, no de excusos vivo yo” -Men do not live on bread alone and I don’t on excuses. Ay mamacita, que picante eres!!!!
A light year away from talentless tarts like J Ho or Thalia, Shakira is a Spanish poet, an Arabic belly dancer, a good Catholic school girl and a girl next door all rolled in one.
3) Gwen Stefani – No one foresaw how big her first solo album could be, until the release of her third single, “Hollaback Girl” which is truly the essence of Gwen in her spunkiest. No one, and may I repeat, no one could ever pull off a song like this as amazing Gwen Stefani. Just as every other little pop girlies like Lindsay Lohan faking their rock prowess, Gwen showed them how it is done properly.
From her earlier work with her band, “No Doubt” Gwen has always been her own woman, making music that’s uniquely humorous, “Hey Baby”, adventurous, “Let Me Blow Ya Mind” with Eve and confessional, “Simple Kind Of Life”, Gwen is one cool chick.
2) Britney Spears – In an age, where girls are proud to rid their virginity at tender ages of 15, Britney flaunted her. In an age where girls are supposed to be cool, acting like boys, Britney is soft and vulnerable. When other jealous rivals like Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne started fights, Britney employed her southerner charms and came out unscathed.
With “Toxic”, she was frantic, with “Someday, I’ll Understand”, she was soft, with “Everytime” she was vulnerable and with “I am a Slave For You” she was flirty. While her rivals like Christina, which came off like a bitter ugly sibling who tried too hard, Britney remained unpredictable and most of all, cool.
1) Madonna – Madonna summed up rock n roll in the brassiest and crudest way possible. Though only moderately talented, but intensely intelligent and ambitious, she continued to forge forward with her legacy.
Everyone has a favorite Madonna song, from the club-ish, “Ray Of Light” or the hilarious, “Like A Virgin” to the pretentious, “American Life”, Madonna has completed the cycle.
Now the five that aren’t quite that cool !!!
5) J Lo – She’s a tabloid heaven, an opportunist and above all, a mediocre business woman. Her movies suck, with enough mushiness to make even our grandmas laugh while her music is pathetic at best, J Lo is definitely not cool.
4)Christina Aguilera – Christina is a side show clown. With her constant images changes from a street side hooker to a drag queen, nothing came out right. Not only did she lash out on every other female rivals and singing trite and hypocritical songs like “Beautiful” Christina will never be taken seriously.
3)Kelly Clarkson – Kelly, Kelly, Kelly ! Our sweet little Kelly! When will you start singing songs that won’t be made into theme songs for the Hallmark channel? She emulated Pink, but without the wit, nor personality nor charm. Better make those bling bling bling before you fade into the horrible world of oblivion.
2)Lisa Presley – Capitalizing shamelessly with her infamous marriage with America’s biggest freak, and of course her famous last name, the only Presley that did something cool was Daddy O. Little girls like her should stick to spending daddy’s royalty and attending therapy sessions.
1) Mariah Carey – Introducing her latest single in Live 8, wishing herself to be as skinny as starving Africans, the stairs allergic Carey is right about as annoying as can be. While she rejected the older men in her recent videos, scarey Carey did not notice that she looked awfully old and fat next to the underage boy that was supposed to be her peer!!! Prediction for her next album title, “I am Marrying My Pink Teddy Bear.”