Contributed by BadAss4Backstreet:
Yes, this is in response to the pathetic wee one who had THEIR say, and I’m most definitely getting mine! And sorry for yet ANOTHER long essay, but I’ve gotta speak MY peace too!
Don’t feel sorry for US, but don’t feel sorry for us cause we’re not the ones who have been duped into thinking that Britney Spears is an all knowing, can do no wrong sort of chick with a ton of great material!
The reasons that I don’t like Britney Spears are pretty much obvious!
1. She has no talent! Now, I could stomach someone who wasn’t that great of a singer! Hell, I ADORE Shania Twain, and she is an awful singer most days. But the material she writes is fun, it has a message, and it’s not dirty material! When Shania gets on stage, it’s a great show, even though she doesn’t have the greatest voice; and it’s all live! Then you look at Britney….can’t sing!! Can’t dance; I’m sorry, I’ve taken dance before for many years, and what she does is NOT dancing. Sure, in her videos, it’s close. But when she gets on stage…a whole other story! She can’t act for her life, it’s a joke! Crossroads was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen….and I’m open to cheesy movies….I liked Glitter for Pete’s sake…. A huge Tom Hanks fan here, and I hated Joe vs. the Volcano….with a passion…and Crossroads is in that caliber! Like I said, I can stomach mediocre…but Britney isn’t even mediocre! She’s terrible!
2. Her personality! Good god, people are so desperate to make her look good, that they hear one or two good stories about her (in the midst of hundreds, possibly THOUSANDS of bad ones), and suddenly she’s a saint! Guys, look at her, seriously LOOK. When she’s being all nice, it’s totally put on! She is not genuine. She’s like the head cheerleader who is all about bringing the “uncool” down, so she’ll be nice to you while stabbing you in the back! You can see right through that “oh, thank you sweetie” bull crap! I’ve heard about kids walking away from that arts camp she has not liking her anymore because she is so mean to them. She sits in a private bunk somewhere until it is time for her to go out. ME, if I had a camp like that, I’d be out there all week, helping teach those kids to sing, dance, act, whatever… I wouldn’t show up on the last day for a couple of hours. I’d interact with them, I’d play with them, I’d befriend them. But no, not Britney, she’s too good for that crap….she’s not gonna go hang out with poor trashy people. You can see right through that fake smile and persona….if you’d just look!
3. Her image! I’m sorry, you’re not yet a woman when you still dress like a 2 cent whore! When you have young fans, you have a responsibility to them…to do right! Sure, it’s not her job to RAISE them, that’s up to the parents! But my god….don’t make their jobs harder than it already is! Be someone for them that you can really be PROUD of. I guess, in a way, if you wouldn’t care that your future children might act that way, then go on. But she’s said several times that I can think of, on and off record, she wouldn’t want her kids being like that! So why is she doing it? Does she really think she’s being cool by forgetting her bra and wearing a see through shirt that barely covers anything and pants that hardly cover the ass crack? I’m sorry, I might dress like that….on Halloween, and I’d say I was dressed as a hooker! There are ways to be fashionable, NOT looking like an old granny, without having to degrade yourself to that level! Do you really want YOUR kids, down the line, worshiping a sexpot?
4. Her songs are terrible! I’m sorry, I don’t mind cheese and whine in my music. I like Aaron Carter for heaven’s sake…I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and had a blast! But he doesn’t walk around claiming that his music is growing; when he should! ‘Another Earthquake’ was a million times more grown up than his debut! But Britney seems to go backwards, in terms of quality. Her first album was her most mature sounding ever. Sure, the songs on this album are all about sex, drugs, and rock & roll, but when did she write them? When she was drunk and stoned? Her material on this last record is dumb! Not to mention that whole role model thing. Until you’ve totally switched gears and are out of teenybopper stardom (which she will never be), you don’t sing about that stuff. When you still have the majority of your fan base that are adolescent and younger…. There is grown up material and grown up ways to perform it without going to the limits she did! Maybe she SHOULD have focused on her life and what has happened to her this last year…maybe then it would have been a decent album. But it’s a painful listen!
5. The media exposure! I can’t go anywhere without everyone being disgusted with her! I listen to the radio, I’m in the grocery store, in class, at parties…Everyone I know, and I know over a thousand people cause I know everyone on campus, I have friends that DON’T go to school with me, I work with people…..well over a thousand…. EVERYONE I know is sick of it, and are ready for her to be gone! Now, I know that 1000 people is very little compared to the 6 billion or so on the planet, but the general consensus everywhere is that she’s overexposed and it makes her look pathetic! Maybe if she didn’t throw herself in our faces 24/7, we wouldn’t bitch 24/7! Then you have her fans that are still left over from yesterday….THEY insist that she’s less than a God, but more than the average human being….and that we should all bow down to this “legend”! I’m sorry, but it takes more than what she’s been able to accomplish to be a true LEGEND!
Us HATERS don’t like Britney…it’s pretty obvious! But I think we are justified in our reasons for doing so! Notice, I didn’t say one thing about her looks, really! Even though I don’t think she’s that pretty, no reason to dislike her! Being “pretty” is no reason to be liked either! I don’t know ANYONE who respects or likes her for many reasons other than “oh, she’s really pretty/hot”! I’m sorry, but if that’s your only reason for liking her, you need to re-evaluate yourself and get some help, cause that is really shallow and pathetic!
These are just my thoughts, but I know that there are SO MANY who feel the exact same way!
*and notice, no Britney/Christina comparisons either……and no, I’m not a Timberlake fan!
Why did I write this, seeing that I don’t like her? Cause I hate how 13 year olds think they know everything, and I wanna make it clear to them that I’m totally justified for hating her and them. Does her being “queen” bother me? No, cause she’s the queen of flops, which I find hilarious! She’s made an ass of herself and of her fans….that doesn’t bother me! WHAT BOTHERS ME is that they all think they have the upper hand!
All I’ll accept are mature rebuttals! You give me any lip or immature, pathetic responses, it’ll only prove me right!